A fun Fact Sheet to take home and involve your whole family!
The activities used in the programme were adapted from the Engineering Everywhere project theme 'Engineering Thrills', and the Cre8ate Maths project 'Rigid Structures' activities. The 'Rigid Structures' and 'Ejection Seat' activities are included in this folder.
- Science and mathematics are used in engineering.
- Engineering can be introduced through the teaching and learning of science and mathematics.
- Science and mathematics are really important to study if you want to be an engineer.
- Engineering-based jobs are really exciting, satisfying and rewarding.
- Engineers make a significant contribution to society.
- Engineers use the skills they are developing (both scientific skills, mathematical skills and personal capabilities).
- Engineers work in multidisciplinary teams. There are so many different engineering careers.
- The subjects and qualifications you need to study to do that job.