- Education Professionals
Information About Cookies
A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user's web browser while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user's previous activity.
Any cookies used on this site do not contain personal information about you.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
• to recognise your computer when you visit our website
• to improve the website's usability
• to analyse the use of our website
Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our advertisers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
• to track your browser across multiple websites
• to build a profile of your web surfing
• to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
• in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector
• in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", and un-checking "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box
Blocking all cookies may, however, affect the usability of this website and is not recommended.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
• in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835)
• in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you "clear private data" (this setting can be changed by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Settings" in the "Private Data" box) and then clicking "Clear private data" in the "Tools" menu.
Again this may temporarily affect the usability of this website. Please also note that if cookies have not been disabled in your browser they will be recreated upon your next visit to this website.